WORKING With KARL ROHDE
Teams are the root of innovation; I help them thrive in the entrepreneurial age.
"Agile" principles have a profound effect on teams; and customers. Having implemented Agile into several teams it is evident that it is the team management framework for the digital era. Whilst Agile started with software development teams, its universal principles are and can be applied to almost any team with extraordinary results. I have observed first hand how Agile has fixed team dysfunctions like a lack of trust, fear of conflict, lack of commitment and avoidance of accountability. Agile super-charges productivity enabling teams to do more with less. Agile increases focus on results and puts customers front and centre. Agile reduces the overheads of management by creating a climate of self-organisation. If you want to increase customer satisfaction, bake-in continual improvement and have a thriving happy team, Agile could be what your IT team is looking for. I'd love to help.
BOOK A TALK
This is a great place to start. On your premises, I can deliver a talk along with a Q&A session to help leaders understand why Agile is a game-changer and how it can be implemented in almost any team. Covering an Agile implementation case study, the talk will show the implementation process, the tools and the routines that transform team culture. Further this talk covers lessons, challenges, pitfalls, outcomes and measures in how Agile management delivers customer delight through happy thriving teams. This talk is ideal for leaders who are:
- curious about Agile and wonder if it could be useful to them.
- want to understand an Agile implementation process and how to get staff on-board.
- want to see how Agile practices can be adapted to teams other than software-development.
- interested to see how Agile could assist with strategy, project delivery, continual improvement, operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
To book me to speak or to discuss this further, you'll find my contact details in the talk summary link below.
In a consulting capacity, within IT, working closely with a group of managers, a manager or a team leader I will facilitate the implementation of a bespoke Agile–Scrum management system to transform the culture, adaptation and value of your IT function. To list a few items, this typically involves:
- Management level interviews to assess team goals, issues and general intent for Agile being implemented.
- Establishment of Agile as a concept with team members including mindset, values, behaviours and principles.
- Establishment of a team purpose to guide clear and focused higher-value outcomes.
- Establishment of Agile tools and routines including Daily Stand-up Meetings, Retrospectives and Agile Walls.
- Setup of Scrum based work planning, reviews and roles.
- Coaching managers and team members how to self-organise, create flow, resolve conflict and create higher value outcomes for customers.
- Instituting Kanban / Scrumban style project delivery and continuous improvement planning and tracking.
- Using Agile walls to increase transparency, improve collaboration, track vital statistics making outcomes visible and benefits measurable.
- Making Agile Scrum relevant to your team, business and customers.
On a contract basis, certified in Agile and Scrum, I can assist in various avenues: coaching Agile Scrum teams, Scrum project/product delivery and implementing Agile Scrum from the ground up.
As an experienced IT Manager and Scrum Master my capability includes:
- Embedding Scrum best practice–establishing roles, facilitating events and creation of artefacts.
- Delivery of IT infrastructure projects.
- Being a Scrum Master to multiple scrum teams.
- Using Agile Scrum to transform team performance and operational excellence in IT Operations, Service Delivery and Service Desk.
- Using Agile Scrum to drive innovative strategy and sustainably creative teams.
- Improving Agile maturity by mentoring and coaching managers, team leaders, and teams to make Agile work effectively; increasing delivered outcomes, transparency and quality.
- Embedding Agile practices, routines, tools and rules to drive autonomy, self-organisation and an increase in team capability.
- Using Agile to improve IT governance, customer satisfaction and continual improvement.
- Make IT department value visible to business leaders and improving relationships with IT/stakeholders.