The Stuff That Kills Our Dreams
This is a rough post: A free reign brainstorm of the things that utterly destroy our dreams. Too often I will reflect on say the last year or last five years and wonder why I did not achieve what I wanted. It always comes back to at least one if not several of these. Sometimes its good to know the enemy and deal with it accordingly. And sometimes the enemy is none other than ourselves.
Take courage. Be brave. Fight them because you (we) can. ;-)
27 Reasons Your Dreams Don't Sprout
- A lack of focus
- The absence of a burning desire
- A lack of self-discipline
- Fear of failure; fear of losing what you already have.
- A lack of conscious thought; reliance on automatic (sub-conscious) thinking
- Being passive
- Lack of planning
- Lack of information; ignorance
- A lack of meaning and purpose in the things we do
- Working on futile things
- Pursuing comfort
- Fear of rejection
- A lack of commitment
- A lack of self-control
- Fear of breaking away from the masses; an excessive need to fit in
- Fear of working alone, being alone and pioneering something on your own
- An excessive need for approval
- The act of blaming
- Making excuses
- Lack of personal organization
- Failing to set deadlines
- Short term thinking
- Failing to start.....
Thank you for reading another "Work Like An Artist" blog post. If you like this PLEASE PLEASE distribute via your social networks. Thank You.